User Cloud Message
User Cloud Message syncs your data across devices with your mBlock 5 account. As long as your Halocode is connected to the internet, you can program it remotely.
Sign UP / Sign In to mBlock 5
Click the sign in/sign up icon at the tool bar, and then follow the instructions to finish signing up or signing in.
Toggle on Upload mode
Click to toggle on Upload mode.
Use Stage Button to Control Halocode Remotely
We will create a new project combined with Scratch Stage Programming. Use the button on stage to control Halocode remotely.
Add User Cloud Message Blocks
Under "Sprites", click "+" in the Blocks area. The Extension Center page will pop up. Click "Add" to add User Cloud Message blocks.
Step One: Program Stage Button
1. Under "Sprites", click "×" to delete "Panda" (the default sprite).
2. Click "+" to add a new sprite. From the pop-up Sprite Library page, search and choose "Empty Button1". Click "OK".
3. Choose "Empty Button1", and drag an Events blockto the Scripts area.
4. Add a User Cloud Message blockand name the message "light_on".
5. Let's add some special effects to the button. Add a Motion blockand set the value to "-2". Add a Looks block and set the value to "-10".
6. Add a Control blockand input "0.2". Drag another Motion block and set the value to "-2". Then add another Looks block .
Step Two: Program Halocode
Connect to the Internet
1. Under "Devices", make sure "Halocode" is selected. Drag an Events blockto the Scripts area. Add a Wi-Fi block . Input Wi-Fi SSID (Wi-Fi name) and password.
2. To ensure Wi-Fi is successfully connected, we need to add a Control blockand a Wi-Fi block . We want to know when Wi-Fi is connected, so let's add a Lighting block to make the LED ring lights up green.
Cloud Message Script
When Halocode receives the user cloud message "light_on", we want the LED ring to light up red and then go off.
1. Drag a Wi-Fi blockand input "light_on". Add a Lighting block and set the color to red.
3. Add a Control blockand a Lighting block .
4. Click "Upload" to upload the program to Halocode.
5. Try clicking "Empty Button1" on the stage!
As long as Halocode is connected to the internet, you can sign in to mBlock 5 in another computer and open the same project to control Halocode remotely.
You have to sign in with the same mBlock 5 account.