With HaloCode's microphone and built-in Wi-Fi, we can make a simple speech recognition application. The internet enables HaloCode to use Microsoft's speech recognition service. You need to sign in/up to mBlock 5 to connect your HaloCode to the internet.
Sign in to mBlock 5
HaloCode needs to connect to the internet to use online speech recognition service. We need to sign in to mBlock 5 first.
Connect to the internet
1. Drag an Events block when HaloCode starts up and a Wi-Fi block connect to Wi-Fi () password (). Input the Wi-Fi name and password.
2. We want to know when the Wi-Fi is successfully connected. Add a Control block wait (), a Wi-Fi block Wi-Fi is connected?, and a Lighting block all LEDs light up ().
When the button is pressed, HaloCode will start speech recognition and all LEDs will light up white. The recognition process lasts for 3 seconds. When it's done, all LEDs will go off as a signal.
3. Add an Events blocks when button is pressed and a Lighting block all LEDs light up (). Change the color to white. Then add a Wi-Fi block recognize (English) for (3) seconds.
4. Add a Lighting block light off all LEDs to light off all LEDs after the speech recognition is done.
5. Add a Control block if () then () and an Operators block () contains ()?. Add Wi-Fi block speech recognition result to the first box and input "red" to the second box.
6. If the speech recognition result contains "red", all LEDs will light red, and go off in 1 second. Add these blocks: all LEDs light up (), wait () seconds, and light off all LEDs.
7. Click "Upload" to upload the program to HaloCode.
8. Wait until all the LEDs light up green. Then press the button and say "red". Check the LEDs of HaloCode.